Christ Church Nashville
15354 Old Hickory Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37211
Position Title: Facility Director
Reports To: Director of Finance and Accounting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Executive Pastor
Prepared Date: 3/17/11
Approved By: HR Committee
Updated Date: 12/14/2016
Employment Category: Full Time
Total Compensation Package: Level 3
The principal function is a mixture of hands-on maintenance, work delegation, supervision, management of maintenance and custodial crews, co-management of construction projects, and co-oversight of volunteer work days. The Facility Director performs a variety of general maintenance and repair duties on all buildings and grounds and other duties in connection with cleaning, security and setup of all buildings. This position also coordinates the use of the facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develops and implements cleaning, maintenance and remodeling plans.
2. Maintains all mechanical and building equipment including heating and air conditioning, hot water heaters, water pumps, backflow valves, fire and security alarm systems.
3. Responsible to manage utilities.
4. Maintains all church vehicles.
5. Acts as liaison between church and various campus partners in regard to facility usage. This includes working with the YMCA, schools, and other partners in order to ensure that all parties comply with contractual obligations regarding the use and maintenance of the facility.
6. Coordinates the room and equipment set up for all facility use functions, including ministry and non-ministry.
7. Supervises custodians, maintenance staff, maintenance volunteers and related contractors, but is capable of personally performing many repairs and doing preventative maintenance.
8. Monthly meet with supervisor one on one to review work load, updates, and performance. If you are a supervisor, meet monthly with each team member individually to review work load, updates, and performance.
9. Responsible to purchase all maintenance and custodial supplies.
10. Supervises custodians, maintenance staff, maintenance volunteers and related contracotrs, but is capable of personally performing many repairs and doing preventative maintenance.
11. Research and planning time devoted to energy saving projects and more efficient ways to accomplish custodial and maintenance needs.
12. Maintain financial records on annual budget items for building and grounds accounts.
13. Monitor all ministry activities through facility reservation program.
• Print daily schedules
• Print weekly custodial and maintenance schedules
14. Responsible to schedule lawn mowing, trimming, weeding, and fertilizing, tree and shrub pruning, repair and reseeding of damaged lawn areas.
15. Responsible to keep all general storage areas organized and clean.
16. Responsible to open and close gate to Memorial Gardens daily.
17. Responsible to open and close gate to Brentwood Summit for special events.
18. Responsible to schedule maintenance on furnaces including changing/cleaning of filters.
19. Maintain all keys and key lists of facility.
20. Responsible for making sure facility is secured after all major functions and each evening and arranging for sufficient security officers for regular activities and special events.
Assigned personnel and volunteers.
This position requires an individual professing a personal relationship to Jesus Christ and commitment to the ministry of the Church. Desired spiritual gifts are administration, encouragement, and a leadership style that builds consensus.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. 5-10 years of experience with cleaning and maintaining various parts of a typical building—floor care, roof care, housekeeping, painting, etc. Extensive Customer Service experience is required. Leadership experience is required.
Must be able to read and understand contracts, vendor communications, etc. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, visitors, church members, vendors, etc.
Certificate, License, Registrations:
Must be capable of heavy lifting, climbing & moving ladders, and free of acrophobia.
It is expected that each staff member will respond to phone messages within four business hours and to emails with 18 hours.
Qualified applicants may contact Amanda.McCaslin@christchurchnashville.org.